[q]digitonin

Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 6 03:27:31 EST 1998

On 13 Nov 1997 05:19:17 GMT, ygen at nih.go.jp (Hisanori Yamamoto) wrote:

>Hi,
>To permeabilize cells, i want to use digitonin.
>Is digitonin-solution stable at R.T.?
>How to prepare and stock digitonin-solution ?
>
>Hisanori
>N.I.H.,japan

There are several different qualities of dig available on the market,
which dissolve differently. I used to dissolve dig from sigma at 1% in
isotonic tris buffer with heating to 60°C filter afterwards and store
the solution at 4°C for several weeks. Upon prolonged storage a
precipitate forms which I took as a sign to discard the solution an
prepare a new one.(Carefully, very toxic!!!)
Martin
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology
University of Vienna