address for Exgen 500

Alan KAY kay at lyon151.inserm.fr
Fri Feb 6 11:16:07 EST 1998

In article <34DAF17C.DD4C4216 at med.chungbuk.ac.kr>, khlee at MED.CHUNGBUK.AC.KR
says...

><HTML>
>Dear Netters:
>
><P>Can you tell me address (with E-mail address, Fax number) for the
company,
><BR>which sells Exgen 500.
><BR>The Exgen 500 is a linear polyethylenimine derivative, which appreared
>in
><BR>Gene Ther 4(10):1100-1106, ExGen 500 is an efficient vector for gene
>delivery to lung epithelial cells in vitro and in vivo. (1997)
>
><P>Thank you in advance.
>
><P>Woong Choi, M.D.
><BR>wchoi at med.chungbuk.ac.kr
><BR>khlee at med.chungbuk.ac.kr
><BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

Our lab is in France, and we get ExGen 500 from Euromedex, which is based in
Eastern France. They may be able to help you find a distributor nearer to
you. Their fax number is (33) 3 88 18 07 22 and they also have a web site at
http://www.euromedex.com. Recently, I have switched over to FuGene6 from
Boehringer Mannheim which I find works a lot better than ExGen for my cells
(HuH7) and you may want to try that out as well. It is more expensive volume
to volume than ExGen, but you use five times less of the reagent than ExGene,
and less DNA as well.
Alan KAY
INSERM U271
"Virus des hepatites, retrovirus Humains et pathologies associees"
151 cours Albert Thomas, 69424 LYON CEDEX 03, FRANCE
e-mail : kay at lyon151.inserm.fr
tel : (33) 04 72 68 19 76
fax: (33) 04 72 68 19 71