Northerns using bacterial RNA

Mary Hagen hagenm at bcc.orst.edu
Fri Feb 6 14:10:46 EST 1998

Hi,

Im interested in using nothern analysis to examine RNA from a Pseudomonas
species.  I haven't worked much with bacterial RNA and have a couple of
basic questions:

1)  Is bacterial RNA stable enough to anaylze satisfactorily using northerns?

2)  What is commonly used as a control for quantitation of RNA?

Also, if anyone has testimonials they would like to share regarding
their personal experience working with bacterial RNA and northerns I
would appreciate the information.  Finally, any references regarding this
type of work would be helpful.

Thanks alot!

Mary Hagen