Problems with Boehringers' DIG???

Frank Maiwald maiwald at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Feb 6 04:42:44 EST 1998

Shahram,

How recent are your wash/block solutions? I'm using blocking reagent
bought yesterday (05.feb 98) in maleic acid buffer and I don't have
problems. Also, for Southerns and dotblots, I use *standard
hybridization buffer* (5xSSC, 0.1% N-lauroylsarcosine, 0.02% SDS, 1%
blocking reagent from a 10% stock in maleic acid buffer) with acceptable
to good success. This buffer is decidedly cheaper than DIG EasyHyb and
gives comparable results.
Northerns are yet to come. Any hints on them would be appreciated (RNA
or DNA probes, hyb. buffers etc. ?).

P.S. You can look up the composition of buffers in the DIG User's Manual
at
http://biochem.boehringer-mannheim.com/prod_inf/manuals/dig_man/dig_toc.html

Cheers,

Frank