protein solubilizing out of SDS-PAGE gel

Peeter Toomik peeter.toomik at ut.ee
Mon Feb 9 02:20:26 EST 1998

First, try fixing with 10-12% trichloroacetic acid. If it does not help,
add some 5% of formaldehyde to CBB solution. No preliminary fixing! You
can find the recipe in "Practical Protein Chemistry", A.Dabre (ed.),
Wiley, 1986, which refers to S.Irie et al., Anal. Biochem. 126, 350-354
(1982). Formaline concentration etc. may need some adjustment for
particular protein. This method works O.K. in our lab.

Peeter Toomik
Tartu University
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology