High molecular weight marker

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Feb 10 16:31:15 EST 1998

Hi Wulf-Dirk,

Just an idea, although it is not quick (but maybe cheap).
Lately I assembled a set of "normal" protein weight standars by
browsing through a chemical supplier's catalogue. Fluka e.g. writes
an apparent molecular weight with many enzymes and proteins they
sell. Maybe you are able to find the weights of
your desire at a reasonable prize.

Good luck!

Wolfgang

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know of high molecular weight markers for SDS-PAGE with
> MWs above 300 kDa (400, 500, etc.)? The only one I know of is
> cross-linked phosphorylase b from Sigma, but this does not work very
> well (seems to get degraded very quickly...).
>
> WDL.

-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------