Contaminated-Taq

Paul C. Grimm grimm at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 10 12:34:00 EST 1998

I have been doing differential display with various taq's. The
degenerate primers all caused nonspecific bands which we found to be
from the Taq. Perkin Elmer sells a low DNA Taq which gave us the least
number of bacterial bands. It is marketed for doing Bacterial PCR. It
worked for us. Apparantly they purify it to get rid of bacterial DNA. It
is called Amplitaq DNA Polymerase LD catalogue number N808-0107
No affiliation and their products are too damn expensive.
--
Paul C. Grimm MD
Assoc. Prof. Pediatrics & Immunology

"But wait....perhaps we've been wrong to blindly follow the medical
traditions and superstitions of the past century.  Perhaps we should
test those assumptions analytically through experimentation and the
scientific method.  Perhaps this scientific method could be extended to
other fields such as natural science.  Perhaps I could lead the way to
an age of rebirth.................Naaaaaaaa!"
                          Theodoric, Barber of York"