ECL direct system

Steven Goldberg goldbers at bms.com
Tue Feb 10 13:23:12 EST 1998

In article <01bd3625$6528bb60$c06cee82 at jhamalainen.gen.slu.se>, "Jaana"
<Jaana.Hamalainen at vbiol.slu.se> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have tested Amersham´s ECL direct nucleic acid labelling and detection
> kit, but the result has been: no signal. Has anyone experienced similar
> problems? The protocol is straight forward and I know something should come
> out. Probably the solution is very simple, but so far I have not succeeded.
>
> Jaana

I use the ECL kit regularly, usually with good results.  If you haven't
yet done so, you might want to try labeling the control DNA they provide.
There is also a way to check to see if the detection reagents are good (in
back of the manual).  Finally, be sure you boil your DNA to be labeled for
5 min then immediately put on ice for another 5 min--duplexed DNA won't
label.

Hope one of these ideas helps you out.

Steve