Anti-actin antibody problem - Sigma

Bart Frank frank at omrf.ouhsc.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:16:24 EST 1998

We have tried to use an anti-actin monoclonal antibody from Sigma
(#A4700) to detect levels of actin in human K562 cells on Western
blots. We tried their lot #57H4872 with no success. When we called
Sigma, they said there were other reports of problems with that
lot and sent us another. Again no protein was detected with this
new lot (107H4835). Has anyone had success with a human cell line
using this antibody?

Can anyone recommend an alternative source for an anti-actin
antibody on these cells or other human cells?

Thanks,
Bart Frank, Ph.D.