Problems with S1 digestion

January Weiner jweiner1 at
Sun Feb 15 14:57:54 EST 1998

> To the original question: If bacterial mRNAs are degraded at least in part
> from the 3'-end, and if the half life is very short, could it be that the
> smear is the "right" answer--one would be mapping a population of RNA
> molecules with different extents in the 3'-direction.
	Nope. The smear is huge, ca. 500 bp, and I *know* my RNA to be
around 200 bp. Thanks anyway :-) but there must be something about the
method itself I didn't get OK.

The difference between common-sense and paranoia is that common-sense is
thinking everyone is out to get you.  That's normal -- they are.
Paranoia is thinking that they're conspiring.