What is the pI for IgG?

Pete immuno-affinity at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:43:11 EST 1998

bthoma at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu (Brian S. Thoma) wrote:

>All,
>
>I have been reading through Maniatias, Current Protocols in Mol. Bio.,
>etc. but I have been unable to find a reference to the pI of IgG. I need
>to find out since I believe I may have a proteoglycan which elutes off of
>DEAE not far after the contaminating IgG.
>
>If anyone can forward a little wisdom it would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Brian Thoma
>Univ. of Texas at San Antonio
>Extracellular Matrix Laboratory

How, long is your paricular piece of string?

On average, about 7-ish but individual "monoclonal" Ig's in a
polyclonal serum will range from ~5 to ... in excess of 10, I've even
seen some oligoclonals from CSF with pI's of around 12!

..... try a lectin/protein A/anti-IgG column? :-)

Pete
(hope this helps)