DNA and protein analysis and fingerprinting of hybrids

quique at netsys.hn quique at netsys.hn
Tue Feb 17 10:32:13 EST 1998

I work with banana hybrids and we wouldl like to do a few things.
First, create a fingerprint for our most commonly used hybrids and true-
types, produce new hybrids and be able to analyze these as well.  Also, we
produce hybrids for sale, and we would like to provide certification to our
customers that what we have sold them is indeed x hybrid.  I would like to
use dna and proteins markers for such work.  Can someone provide me with
protocols for these analyses?

thanks,
marcio