What is wrong with Genbank submissions!

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Feb 18 05:35:27 EST 1998

Try submitting your data online with BANKIT.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BankIt/

Wolfi
>     Is anyone else having trouble submitting
> sequences to Genbank?  I've been trying for a
> couple of days now and my email keeps bouncing --
> here is the message I get:
>
> The original message was received at Mon, 16 Feb
> 1998 15:55:50 -0500 (EST)
> from bilbo.bio.purdue.edu [128.210.65.126]
>
> >   ----- The following addresses had transient
> non-fatal errors -----
> >gb-sub at bach
> >    (expanded from: <gb-sub at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>)
> >
> >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> >gb-sub at bach... Deferred: Connection refused by
> bach.nlm.nih.gov.
> >Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
> >Will keep trying until message is 5 days old
>
> I'm emailing to gb-sub at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
>
> Any ideas on what is wrong or how I can contact
> Genbank.  I've emailed to info at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov --
> no response...
>
> Phillip San Miguel

-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------