Genomic bacterial DNA PCR [Please re-mail answers]

Mr SCG Rison srison at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 07:20:13 EST 1998

Dear All,

Thanks very much for the responses to my previous posting (copied below).
Unfortunately, I corrupted my mailbox and I have lost all answers before
I was able to hard-copy them.

I would be extremely grateful if people who got in contact with me (both
to provide answers and to ask about replies I received) could re-mail me.
I will post a summary of answers to the newsgroup.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.

- Original message follows -

Hi,

Has anybody got any protocols/suggestions on how to perform PCR with a genomic
(E. coli) bacterial DNA template.  Is there a direct way or do I first have to
isolate genomic DNA and then PCR (and if so, what protocol(s) do you suggest?).

Could you please e-mail me answer at: stuart at ludwig.ucl.ac.uk as well as post
the newsgroup.

Best Regards,

Stuart.

--
Stuart Rison
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (UCL)
Tel. (0171) 878 4127 Fax. (0171) 878 4040 e-mail: stuart at ludwig.ucl.ac.uk

- End of original message -