colony hybridization

Gerd gerdn at ibg.uit.no
Sun Feb 22 08:02:04 EST 1998

Hei, I am going to screen a genomic library in plasmid (in E.coli). My
probe is 375 bp and I would prefer using DIG labelling. Now rumors tell
I will get so very high background that it's almost not worth trying. Do
anyone have a foolproof recipe for colony hybridization. I do have a lot
of recipies, but none of them tells where I might get in trouble, and
which parametres decides the result. If you can't recommend
DIG-labelling, tell me what's  best too do anyway.
Gerd