PAGE question

Steven Sullivan sullivan at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Tue Feb 24 20:56:44 EST 1998

I've been running my radioactive RT-PCR products (100-300 bp)on vertical
5% polyacrylamide minigels.  These are nondenaturing gels (no urea). For a
given primer pair, I often get the expected band *plus* a higher MW band
which, from what I read, could be some sort of heteroduplex (these higher
MW bands don't show up on agarose gels). A 100 bp DNA ladder, however,
runs just fine.

Can I eliminate the higher MW band by heating the samples before
Or am I on the wrong track completely?