Throw gloves after handling EtBr?

January Weiner nospam_jweiner1 at aixterm1.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 24 03:36:57 EST 1998

[anonymous]:
> Hi,
> after manipulationg his agarose gels stained with Ethidium bromide. I am
> curious to know if everybody does that or if it's just him... Because I
	Yes, at least in our lab. Everything you touch with EtBr
contaminated gloves gets contaminated, too. I am more careful with EtBr
than with radioactivity - it the latter case, at least you can always check
were the stuff is and whether you got contaminated or not.

						January

--
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. - Calvin