Throw gloves after handling EtBr?

January Weiner nospam_jweiner1 at
Tue Feb 24 03:36:57 EST 1998

> Hi,
> after manipulationg his agarose gels stained with Ethidium bromide. I am
> curious to know if everybody does that or if it's just him... Because I
	Yes, at least in our lab. Everything you touch with EtBr
contaminated gloves gets contaminated, too. I am more careful with EtBr
than with radioactivity - it the latter case, at least you can always check
were the stuff is and whether you got contaminated or not.

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. - Calvin