baculovirus kit opinions needed

VoiD legatek at fhs.csu.McMaster.CA
Wed Feb 25 12:47:40 EST 1998

Hello, I am looking for opinions of various baculovirus cloning kits
available, to determine the answers to the following questions:
1. How easy is it for a beginner in insect cell culture to get up and
running in this system?
2. Which kit gives the highest percentage of recombinant virus?
3. Which kit has the simplest protocol for generation of high titre virus?

I know the Invitrogen BaculoGold system touts itself as producing 99%
recombinant virus, but is this system suitable for the novice?

Thanks for your opinions,
Kyle

Kyle Legate  (legatek at fhs.mcmaster.ca)
Tower of Tongues -- 10:30-midnight Saturday nights on 93.3 CFMU
                    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
                    Dark literature set to brooding ambience