detaching/removing streptavidin from streptavidin coated ELISA plate?

m.fennema m.fennema at chem.rug.nl
Wed Feb 25 03:40:41 EST 1998

Hello,

After having done an affinity experiment in steptavidin coated
ELISA plates I want to remove my coupled protein from the well.
Since I think it is impossible to reverse the biotin/strep. interaction
I want to detach the streptavidin from the well. Are there any
protocols for this? And is the 0.1 M glycine/HCl pH 2.2 which is
normally used strong enough to un-couple the streptavidin? Does it
matter wether I buy precoated plates, or coat them myself?

Thanks in advance,

Marko Fennema