Endotoxin removal

Administrador de iihema.fmed.uba.ar postmast at iihema.fmed.uba.ar
Thu Jan 8 03:52:48 EST 1998

Might not be of great help, but I read somewhere (can't remember where, but a
short search should yield good results) that you can neutralize LPS effects
adding polymixin B to the DNA solution (assuming you're going to use it for
transfection and fear the effects of LPS on the cells.  The guys that did it
seemed VERY pleased with the results).  Polymixin is usually used as an
antibiotic, so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Hope it helps.
Facundo Garcia Bournissen.
postmast at iihema.fmed.uba.ar