STABILITY of solubilization buffer

Randall C Willis willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca
Fri Jan 16 15:45:41 EST 1998

Rocky Baker wrote:

> What is the stability of a protein solubilization solution containing
> Tris-Hcl, 4% SDS, 20% glycerol, and 10% 2-mercaptoethanol?

Rocky,

I'd be worried about the b-merc oxidizining, so would add that only as I
need the buffer.  The other components should be fine although you may
want to filter sterilize because of the glucose and I would not store it
at 4C as the SDS will probably come out of solution.

Good luck,

Randy

Randall C Willis, Researcher
Biochemistry Research, Hospital for Sick Children
3522-555 University Ave
Toronto, ON
M5G 1X8  CANADA

416-813-5933 (ph)  -5022 (fax)
willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca

Randall C Willis, Publisher
Aliquotes Press
Aliquotes: A Journal Of Molecular and Biochemical
              Humour and Information
58 Balfour Ave.
Toronto, ON
M4C 1T6  CANADA