Electrotransfer of high MW proteins

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jan 21 12:52:36 EST 1998

1) I observed that small proteins are transferred faster than the
bigger ones. Does a longer transfer time help, too?

2) Will adding glycerol bring better results for "normal" westerns,
too? Are there any refs for that? (I'm gonna try this in my next
western and want to cite the paper if it works).

Cheers all,
Wolfi

> I agree with this but I think there's an other buffer which works
> very well it's the Bjerrum and Schafer-Nielsen buffer (48 mM Tris,
> 39 mM glycine, pH 9.2, 0.0375 %SDS).
>
> Moreover, in my experience, the western blots are very good when you
> add 20% glycerol in the separating gel. In this way you can put the
> stacking gel on the separating gel immediatly without waiting
> separating gel acrylamide polymerization.

-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------