software for finding restriction sites

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jan 21 09:04:43 EST 1998

Hi Craig!
I'm using WinPlas, actually a program for making graphical
presentations of plasmids, when I'm working at home where I have no
www access. It has some RE finding and annotating capabilities.
There's a free demo version where exporting and saving of
data is disabled.
See http://www.webaxis.com/goldstein/ for more info.

You also might have a look in the IUBio software archive:
http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/ and
ftp://iubio.bio.indiana.edu

If you need a tool for doing sequence format conversions, Brendan
Babb's tools (some file starting with BBSF) might be a hlep

If you have WWW access, try the links on this page:
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/molbio.htm#computing

Cheers,

Wolfgang

> Are there any PC programs that accept a DNA sequence and
> identify restriction sites. I used to have access to MAP
> on GCG but no more. This is the kind of thing I need but
> preferably for my own (no internet) PC but if not
> somewhere on the internet that offers MAP or equivalent.
> Craig

-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------