Q:QuickChange and deletions and native Pfu and cloned ....

hadi hadi at helix.nih.gov
Wed Jan 21 23:16:50 EST 1998

Hmmm, sounds good! Thanks for the update. So what are the guys from
Stratagene doing wrong...?
Concerning Pfu (to broaden this topic): Actually, I've used the kit only
once (I understand, that they sell native Pfu in the kit [it does really
exist?], however, the buffer in the booklet looked much more to me like
the one for cloned Pfu) and then switched to buying the enzyme separately
(cloned, of course..). I can't complain - if it works, it works and if it
doesn't work, it doesn't - no matter what Pfu. In my hands, fiddeling
around with the temperature profile has more effect than changing the
enzyme. But so far, I haven't done any deletions....

Regards,
hadi

In article <svetlov-ya02408000R1901981101110001 at news.doit.wisc.edu>,
svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu says...