RNA extraction from liver

Warren Hirst w.hirst at ic.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 08:13:36 EST 1998

We routinely use an GITC/acid phenol chloroform protocol as described by
by Too and Maggio (1995) Peptides 16, 45-53. Works well for us, and can
be scaled up to quite large volumes (also the reagents are cheap,
unlike some commercial RNA extraction kits). You will probably need to
DNase treat the samples if you are planning to use the RNA for RT-PCR
(just to be sure).