C-term labeling of a peptide ?

Josef P. Magyar magyar at cell.biol.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 22 06:54:30 EST 1998

hi!

I have a peptide, that contains no COOH sites except that of the C-term.

Therefore and for other reasons, I would like to label the C-term of
this peptide either with a tag (e.g. biotin) or better, with a
fluorescence label (e.g. Fluorescein or Rhodamin) that I could detect by

confocal microscopy. I think (I am not a peptide chemist), that
carbodiimide coupling would be an appropriate reaction for this.
Do you know of any such reagent or supplyer thereof?

Thanks

Josef P. Magyar

   *   Josef P. Magyar, Ph.D.                  *
   *   Senior Research Assistant               *
   *   Institute of Cell Biology               *
   *   Swiss Federal Institute of Technology   *
   *   ETH-Hoenggerberg, HPM F28               *
   *   CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland             *
   *   Tel +41/1/633 33 55                     *
   *   Fax +41/1/633 10 69                     *
   *   eMail:  mailto:magyar at cell.biol.ethz.ch *
   *   WWW     http://www.cell.biol.ethz.ch/   *