C-term labeling of a peptide ?

Dom Spinella dspinella at chugaibio.com
Thu Jan 22 10:33:07 EST 1998

> hi!
> I have a peptide, that contains no COOH sites except that of the C-term.
> Therefore and for other reasons, I would like to label the C-term of
> this peptide either with a tag (e.g. biotin) or better, with a
> fluorescence label (e.g. Fluorescein or Rhodamin) that I could detect by
> confocal microscopy. I think (I am not a peptide chemist), that
> carbodiimide coupling would be an appropriate reaction for this.
> Do you know of any such reagent or supplyer thereof?
> Thanks
> Josef P. Magyar

Try Pierce Chemical Co., Rockford, IL. They sell a host of coupling
reagents and even pre-activated flourochromes which can do the trick for
you. Cheers.  --Dom Spinella

More information about the Methods mailing list