Alternative Polyadnylation sites

Carmel Curtis cmc25 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jan 22 08:43:13 EST 1998

I have been amplifying human mRNA CFTR signals from transfected CHO cell
and mouse tissues.  For some reason when I do a Southern Blot in order
to detect my product the CHO cell ban is always a little smaller (~30bp)
than the mouse tissues.  Has anybody had any experience with CHO cells
displaying alternative polyadenylation sites that might explain this
size difference.  I am using an oligo dT as one of my PCR primers.

If you could email me directly at cmc25 at I'd appreciate