protein precipitation

Ian McFarlane I.McFarlane at icrf.icnet.uk
Fri Jan 23 08:14:09 EST 1998

I have used 10% TCA precipitation with glycoproteins and if the solution
is kept cool and  neutralised immediately after precipitation the glycans
will remain relatively unaffected, the only likely losses are some
o-acetyl modifications of sialic acids. 3vols of ice-cold EtOH or 9vols of
cold acetone can also be used. Followed by centrifuging at high speed,
10,000g or more.

Ian Mc