Epitope Mapping Software [Q]

Michael Oda MNODA at lipovx.lbl.gov
Tue Jan 27 17:49:37 EST 1998

     My lab is thinking of raising antibodies against a synthetic peptide
derived from a known protein sequence. To get the best immune response I
was wondering if anyone knew of any software (preferably Mac) that would
allow me to analyze linear epitopes on a protein sequence for regions of
greatest antigenicity. I vaguely recall that there was a free/shareware
program that allowed you to do this. I've heard of the Fujitsu Epimap(?)
program but regretably our budget won't cover anything that elaborate.

                              Thanks in advance,
                              Mike Oda

Michael Oda, PhD.                      |   Phone: (510) 486-4088
Donner Labs                            |    Fax: (510) 486-4750
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory  |  Pager: (510) 702-4427
Berkeley, CA  94720                    |  email: mnoda at lipovx.lbl.gov