? E.Coli competent greater than 10 +E 8 without electroporation

reber at uni-bonn.de reber at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jan 27 16:56:35 EST 1998

Dear All,

I'm searching a method to reach high competent E.Coli without electroporation.
I need the method for a biological assay, so that a great amount of E.Coli
should have the same max frequency of transformation.
I tried allready the Maniatis-method for high competent cells with the
Stratagene clones Ag-1 and SCS-1, but I reached only a max frequency of
transformation  4 x 10E 7.
Maybe you have some hints or some different methods.
Please mail to reber at uni-bonn.de or post an answer

Thanks Michael Reber