Which pipetter? (second inquiry)

Eric Anderson eanderson at suny.hscbklyn.edu
Thu Jul 2 08:11:47 EST 1998

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.980701130119.6382A-100000 at ava.bcc.orst.edu>,
rosatoc at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU (Caprice Rosato) wrote:

> I'm planning to buy a pipetter for small volumes (0.5-2.0ul) for a daily
> use of >= 400 strokes/day.  The two that I am currently considering
> are the Eppendorf Model 4850 and the Rainin EDP2.  Any comments from
> users on the benefits/detriments to these instruments or other choices
> on the market would be greatly appreciated.  Thanking you in advance.

I used the Rainin EDP2 for a couple of years and never had any problems
with it in terms of going out of adjusment.  I've used both models of the
Eppendorf 10 ul pipettor (but not the 2ul) and liked both of them although
I feel that the Rainin's are a little more ergonomic and comfortable and
in my experience hold their adjustments better.

Hope this helps

Eric