Cheaper alternative to Centrisep Spincolumns?

Paul Kowalski pkowalsk at bccancer.bc.ca
Fri Jul 3 18:07:36 EST 1998

Hi-

we've found a very significant cost involved in fluorescent sequencing
is the Princeton Seperations CentriSep spincolumns for purifying the
PerkinElmer BigDye reactions prior to loading on the ABI. Currently they
cost us a bit over $350CDN/100 tubes. We've tried using Biorad G50
spincols (much cheaper) but they don't work well. Does anyone have
suggestions for a cheaper alternative?
BTW, if anyone out there is doing Perkinelmer BigDye sequencing
chemistry and hasn't seen Bruce Roe's page on ways to do it
better/cheaper, you should check it out:
http://www.genome.ou.edu/proto.html

--
Paul Kowalski
Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency