freeze chloroquine stock

Nico Dantuma nico.dantuma at mtc.ki.se
Mon Jul 6 11:16:07 EST 1998

Hi,

For DEAE-dextran transfection of COS cells, I routinely make a fresh 40 mM
chloroquine solution in PBS which is eventually diluted in the medium. This
is according to the standard protocol of Cullen in Meth. Enzym. Yet, I
noticed that in the commercial DEAE-dextran transfection kits the
chloroquine solution is stored at -20oC. Can I also freeze the stock
solution or is it really necessary to prepare each time a fresh solution?
What is the logic behind using fresh choloroquine solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Nico

Nico Dantuma
Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center