Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Jul 10 03:11:51 EST 1998

On Thu, 09 Jul 1998 08:46:05 +0200, carin <carin.jarl at plantcell.lu.se>

>>Hi there,
>>We want to put on sites for restriction enzymes on the ends of our gene
>>of interest by PCR. Would anybody have a manual, a reference  or tips
>>what to consider etc?
>>Carin Jarl
>>Plant Cell Biology
>>Lund University,
>>Lund, Sweden
>>carin.jarl at plantcell.lu.se
Just add the sequences of the restriction enzyme to the primers as an
overhang. Be very careful in the choice of your enzyme; many enzymes
require additional bases, because they are not able to cut at the very
end of a DNA double strand. A good summary of these topic can be found
in the catalogue of New England Biolabs (NEB).
Hope this is of some help.
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology
University of Vienna