Acrylamide Gel Problem.

Christen WIlliams christenw at fnr.purdue.edu
Fri Jul 10 13:17:22 EST 1998

Greg
I agree with Mike, Rainex works really well. I was having an odd problem, my
gels were completely sticking to the upper plate (I had been using
Sigmacote). It wasn't a problem as long as the whole gel stuck, but I
switched to Rainex and now the gel stays were it should. You might want to
strip your lower plate to make sure it hasn't got any silicone on it that's
screwing things up. The folks at Sigma seemed to think it might be related
to the humidity levels (?). That's not something I have time to worry
about........
Christen