Deletion of plasmid

Jung Hoon Ahn jhahn at
Tue Jul 14 23:44:42 EST 1998

I'm expressing a transporter proteins called ABC transporter.
I've cloned a part of ABC transporter by shot-gun method and found
a rest fragment of it by sothern hybridization.
I'm trying to connect those two fragment.
But strangely, after ligating two, transfoming it into E.coli XL1-Blue,
mini-prepared plasmid is not what I expected. The front part of gene is
I inserted the rest part of gene into the cloned gene in pUC19.
What is the reason of this phenomenon and how can I solve this probelm.