DOP-PCR results?

Paul Cabe cabe at stolaf.edu
Tue Jul 14 11:16:16 EST 1998

Two questions regarding DOP-PCR, which we are running for the first
time.  We are amplifying genomic DNA from plants.

1.  I was expecting a nice smear on my 1% agarose gel, much like RE
digested genomic DNA.  I did  get a smear of sorts, with most of the
amplified DNA ranging from from about 600 bp to 150 bp.  It is not a
completely  "even" smear - there appear to be some brighter bands.  Does
this sound like complete success?

2.  Does anyone have a convenient positive control for DOP-PCR?

Thanks,

Paul