Deletion of plasmid

Jung Hoon Ahn jhahn at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Jul 15 02:47:25 EST 1998

I'm expressing a transporter proteins called ABC transporter
which is located in bacterial cell's membrane.
I've cloned a part of ABC transporter by shot-gun method and found
a rest fragment of it by sothern hybridization.
I'm trying to connect those two fragment.
But strangely, after ligating two, transfoming it into E.coli XL1-Blue,
mini-prepared plasmid is not what I expected. The front part of gene is
deleted.
I inserted the rest part of gene into the cloned gene in pUC19.
What is the reason of this phenomenon and how can I solve this probelm.