Renaturing inclusion bodies

Scott Craig scottjc at usa.net
Fri Jul 17 08:28:15 EST 1998

Tai,
I have also had some problems using Guandine-HCl denaturation and refolding,
my protein was also inactive when finally tested.
I have just tried an alternative technique which uses Sarkosyl to solubilise
the protein followed by dialysis. I have completed checking if the protein
is functional yet but for initial signs it looks ok. The reference for the
protocol is Nguyen etal in Protein Expression and Purification 4:425-433.
Also as a review of inclusion body purification - Rudolph & Lilie in FASEB
Journal 10:49-56.