transfection review

R.J. Nederhand RJ.Nederhand at pg.tno.nl
Fri Jul 17 03:48:08 EST 1998

Hello all,

I am relatively new in the field of cell transfection/transfomation
so I am searching for a detailed tutorial/manual (or review) which
handles about these things.

Things I am very interested in:
-which methods exists for transformation? What are there
advantages/disadvantages?
-using promoter analysis, how do you mearure transformation
efficiency, the reporter (luchiferase, B-galactosidase, SEAp) etc?

I looked in Maniatis but found it too superficial. I am looking for a
more in depth review of the possibilities (and recent protocols) and
hope anyone can point me to some good books or reviews.
Thanks in advance,

Rene
TNO Prevention and Health, Dept. of Vascular and Connective Tissue Research
Gaubius laboratory, Leiden
R.J. Nederhand
P.O.Box 2215
2301 CE  LEIDEN