Poly-L-Lysine

Todd Martinsky techmen at hooked.net
Mon Jul 20 19:32:36 EST 1998

I wouldn't use Poly_L-Lyine at all.  we recommend Silylated slides  These
Silylated Slides have reactive aldehyde groups and covalently bind tissue,
cells or single or double-stranded DNA directly to the glass surface of a
high quality microscope slide via the Schiff base aldehyde-amine chemistry
(lysine residues of proteins, primary amines of DNA bases, or via synthetic
DNA bases bearing amino-modifications). The covalent binding of cells,
sections or polynucleotides to Silylated Slides diminish sample loss during
the course of experiments. Covalently bound samples permit more harsh wash
steps, which reduce background and allow for greater sensitivity.
Additionally, these Silylated Slides are treated to remove trace nuclease
contamination, which is especially important when performing in situ
hybridization or DNA chip experiments. Silylated Slides also have been used
for in situ hybridization detection of HIV-1 infected cells and for
detecting rare human transcripts in gene expression studies (Schena et al.,
PNAS 93, 10614-10619, 1996).