gfp in arabadopsis

M. Anderson manderson at pbi.nrc.ca
Tue Jul 21 12:34:43 EST 1998

I'm trying to detect gfp expression in tobacco leaves.  The flourescence
under long wave uv is not very convincing.  The suposedly correct filters
on the microscope are not very impressive either. Should I clear the
leaves ?  I tried acetone which certainly cleared them but the background
in the control was still very high.  I should see something, they are
rooting nicely in selective medium which usually means most of them are
transformed.  The promoter has been quite dependable before but only used
with gus which is so easy to see.
thanks for your trouble
Catherine DeLong