Fire ? Re: skin contact with acrylamide

Patrick F.H. Lai pfhlai at LOOKSMART.COM
Thu Jul 23 00:58:43 EST 1998

---- Begin Original Message ----
... I don't mean to be insensitive, but I just can't believe
anyone would be so foolish as to poison themselves and then post to a
newsgroup and sit around waiting for a response before dealing with the=

situation.  What does this person do when the lab is on fire?  Post to
alt.sci.physics to see what is the best way to extinguish it?  Four day=
later the lab is a pile of smoldering cinders and our friend is still
sitting patiently at the computer waiting for a bunch of over-educated
knuckle-heads to finish arguing over the theoretical combustibility of
laboratories.

Marc Crepeau
<mwcrepeau at ucdavis.edu>
---- End Original Message ----

Dear Marc,

If this does indeed happen, your friend sitting patiently at the
computer must have received some really good response so that he / she
and the computer in the lab can become fire-proof !!!  :-)

FYI, the original poster, Helene, did wash her arm with soap and
water, as any sensible person would do.  She apparently posted her msg =

afterwards to ask if things would get worse.

How are you, Helene ?  Seen a doctor yet ?
Hope everything's alright.

TakeCare

Pat.Lai

LookSmart =85 or keep looking.