"Expiration" of proprietary glass binding resins?

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Thu Jul 23 10:57:37 EST 1998

Jim Graham (graham at biodec.wustl.edu_nospammmmmmm) wrote:

: I believe the
: basis of DNA interaction with glass in the presence of chaotropic agents
: is still undescribed (please correct me here). Any insight into the
: manufacture or treatment necessary would be helpful.

Jim:

When I was researching the literature a few years ago for a bookchapter I
wrote on this, I found out that the EXACT interaction of DNA with silica
resins is not known. You can download the postscript version of the
chapter from http://www-lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/papers/bookchap/bookchap.ps

--
Paul N. Hengen, Ph.D.
National Cancer Institute