Cos-7 cell transfections

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Fri Jul 24 13:59:51 EST 1998

In article <6pa9oj$7b2$1 at bignews.shef.ac.uk>,
S J Langridge <S.J.Langridge1 at shef.ac.uk> wrote:
>Does anyone have any good methodologies for transfecting cos-7 cells with DNA
>using the PCIneo vector system? I am very new to this field so will have to
>have all the basics explained! Many thanks

This has been asked several times and you can find some comments and
comparisons on various methods in the bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
archives.

A method that has not (so far as I can remember) been mentioned before is
the new product from Boerhinger-Maanheim (if I was affiliated with them, I
could probably spell their name correctly), FuGene6.  I tried it
side-by-side with my previous best reagent (which is TransIT, from
PanVera) and found FuGene6 gave significantly better transfection
efficiency.

Ian