'fection vs 'formation

John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs at azstarnet.com
Thu Jul 23 21:18:01 EST 1998

I thought that you transformed anything that couldn't get cancer, and you
transfected anything that could. This makes a bit of sense, historically,
since the word 'transformation' also refers to the process of becoming
cancerous.

FWIW, the yeast people that I work around 'transform'. So do the Chlamy people.

Of course, YMMV!

HTH,

john.
John S. Jacobs Anderson               jacobsan at u.arizona.edu
 Graduate Student,MCB Dep't, U. of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
      BMCB gradLife -- seminar announcements & news  @
             http://www.u.arizona.edu/~jacobsan