'fection vs 'formation

John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs at azstarnet.com
Thu Jul 23 21:18:01 EST 1998

I thought that you transformed anything that couldn't get cancer, and you
transfected anything that could. This makes a bit of sense, historically,
since the word 'transformation' also refers to the process of becoming

FWIW, the yeast people that I work around 'transform'. So do the Chlamy people.

Of course, YMMV!

John S. Jacobs Anderson               jacobsan at u.arizona.edu
 Graduate Student,MCB Dep't, U. of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
      BMCB gradLife -- seminar announcements & news  @