Solubilization of membrane fraction for 2D-electrophoresis

Makoto Shimoaraiso ff67210 at hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Jul 25 14:08:54 EST 1998

Hi Netters,

I'm going to prepare the membrane fraction from rat kidney cells for
2D-electrophoresis(Pharmacia Multiphor-II). Would you please tell me what
is used as a detergent for solubilization of the membrane fraction?  I'm
going to homogenize the cells with the buffer containing detergent you
taught me, and centrifuge it to collect sample for electrophoresis.

Please respond via e-mail, as I don't get to visit the group as often as I
would like.
Thank you in advance.

Makoto Shimoaraiso