pNLEXA YTH vector

Carla Guthridge Carla.Guthridge at uchsc.edu
Sun Jul 26 11:54:53 EST 1998

Has anyone used the pNLexA YTH vector successfully?  I have done YTH
with the pEG202 vector successfully, but I am having trouble with my
hunts using pNLEXA.  I can demonstrate expression of my protein fused
with LexA by western blotting of yeast, however, I am not getting
expression of my reporter genes at all.  I am not even seeing a low
level of nonspecificity.  I am wondering if having the carboxy terminus
of my protein fused to the amino terminus of LexA precludes its ability
to bind to the DNA binding domain.  Any ideas???

Carla