Fire ? Re: skin contact with acrylamide

Marc Crepeau mwcrepeau at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 29 18:38:01 EST 1998

In article <35BBDFDB.839846C8 at usp.br>, Beny Spira <benys at usp.br> wrote:

One of my lab mates is Australian and tells me that a while back a New
Zealand scientist was *deliberately* poisoned with acrylamide.  Apparently
someone spiked his coffee with it, and although it didn't kill him it
screwed him up pretty good.  I don't know the details, or even whether it
is true.  Sounds like it could be apocryphal.  Has anyone else heard about
this?